An important goal of the BENOIS DE LA DANSE Programme is to give financial support to veterans of the Russian ballet. Today they belong to a less secure part of the contemporary Russian society.
The proceeds of the BENOIS DE LA DANSE Festival partly help the most needy veterans of the different ballet and dance companies. During the years more than 1200 former dancers have received the financial support from Centre BENOIS. These were the
- The Bolshoi Theatre of Russia Ballet
- The Stanislavsky Theatre of Moscow Ballet
- The Operetta Theatre Ballet
- The Moiseyev Dance Company
- The Beriozka Dance Ensemble
- The Moscow Concert Group
- The Moscow Ballet Academy
- The Piatnitsky Choir Dance Group
In the future Centre BENOIS is planning to extend its aid programme to veteran dancers in other cities of Russia.
It is already a tradition to present the financial support as a gift during a Tea Party for the veterans.
The Bolshoi Theatre of Russia and the State Duma Cultural Committee have kindly given their facilities for these Tea Parties.